To ensure that your submission is considered, please make sure to follow the following submission guidelines exactly. If you do not follow the instructions exactly, we may reply by asking you to read these instructions and comply, or we may simply disregard your submission. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
First, please make sure your book fits our needs. We are essentially seeking to publish legacy stories, widely defined. It must be book-length [at least 25,000 words for prose and 100 pages for poetry total, including all front and back matter], but can take the form of poetry, non-fiction, fiction, or any combination thereof. It could be your autobiography, memoir, or family history. It could be a novel heavily based on your personal experience. It could be a collection of poetry written as you navigated a significant period of your life. It could be the story of your business to use as a marketing tool. Any book that will help tell your story or share your experience as a member of the human race qualifies. It can be a children's book or targeted to young adults or adults; however, we will not publish anything with any unnecessarily vulgar or graphic language, violence, or sexual descriptions.
If your book qualifies, we'd love to take a look, so, please...
1. Email your submission to email@example.com with “Legacy Book Press Submission” in the subject line.
2. Attach your entire manuscript to the email in PDF format. Do not attach anything to the email besides the PDF manuscript; include all other information in the body of your email.
3. The following statistical information:
A. Your full name and pen name if you plan to use one
B. Your mailing address
C. Your phone number
D. The title of your work
E. The genre of your manuscript
F. The approximate page count
G. Also, please answer the following questions:
1. If you're submitting a novel, please explain in detail how and to what extent it is based on personal experience, quantifying as best as you are able. For example, is it 90% true, 50% true, 25% true, etc.
Why do you want to publish with Legacy Book Press?
2. What are your plans (briefly) for marketing your book?
3. What editing and revision has your manuscript been through so far?
Generally, within one or two months, we will let you know if your manuscript is selected for publication. If you don't hear back within two months, please review these guidelines again to make sure you followed them exactly, and if you have, feel free to follow up via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we would like to publish your manuscript, we will email you with a detailed questionnaire, which must be answered within ten (10) days. We will use this to decide which royalty/author copy structure to offer. If you wish or if we think it would be beneficial, we may ask to meet with you in person or via phone or video conferencing, depending on your geographic location. You will be under no obligation to publish with Legacy Book Press until after you receive your detailed offer and sign the production agreement.